5.6mw solar park installed in rajasthan

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1 comments

Solairedirect Energy, a unit of Paris-based Solairedirect Group, today unveiled its Solar park at Phalodi in Rajasthan.

Solairedirect Energy today inaugurated its first project in India, a 5.6 MW solar park under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM).

Minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah inaugurated the project along with Theirry Lepercq, Chairman, Solairedirect Group and Gaurav Sood, MD, Solairedirect Energy India Private Ltd.

The solar park was commissioned on February 24, 2013, in accordance with the schedules agreed with the Indian authorities and will generate 9,000 MWh (megawatt hours) per annum, enough to power 20,000 Indian households.

"We are showing that solar power can make a serious contribution in addressing this country's pressing energy needs with equipment manufactured in India," Theirry Lepercq, Chairman, Solairedirect Group said at the company's event here today.

"By leading the JNNSM bidding Solairedirect shows the way forward for competitive solar power generation, out of feed-in tariffs and other incentives and into the real world of energy, competing and combining with other power sources," Gaurav Sood, MD, Solairedirect Energy India said.
 Solairedirect has operations in France, India, South Africa, Chile, Thailand, China and the US.

Meanwhile, Abdullah said the second round of bids for the JNNSM will be invited in July for 750 MW of projects. Of the 750 MW projects, 75 per cent would be built with domestic equipment content and the remaining 25 per cent with imported equipment content.
source:The Ecnomic times
renewindia campaign
Share this article :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...